Monday, May 14, 2012

Hello . . . . is anyone out there?

Hello,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I was busy making a very good friend of mine a special gift to send to her. I know many people are no longer in need of what we used to call in the "olden days", a pocket telephone book.  She recently lost her cell phone, along with all her "numbers." She was in a tizzy rushing around trying to find telephone numbers for all of the people she had in her phone. "If I hadn't tossed out my old phone book, I could just get them from there!" she said.

I took card stock and made two covers about 3"X5" and added some ribbon pieces for decoration. Then using a clear stamp set from Paper Wings Productions called "Vintage Technology" stamped the "old timey" telephone on a scrap of white card stock. Using my Tim Holtz Distress Markers, I colored in the phone with an olive green and old paper color combination, and used a 3M foam dot to adhere it to the front. In the same stamp set was the word "hello", so I used it to stamp the words all around the card.  I made a title strip with handwritten words "Number Please" and pop dotted it to the top of the book.

For the inside, I copied some generic lined paper on my computer, trimmed it to size, and adhered it to the inside so that names and numbers and other information could be entered into the book.

New technology is wonderful, but sometimes the "old timey things" are handy to have. Even when we think we are "techno savvy!" Until next time, call a friend you haven't seen in awhile, and let them know how much you miss them.  It will make you both feel so good!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mindy - LOVE your take on the Flight Plan :) and I'm so glad you submitted it to the gallery! Great colors and cute ribbon - fun card :)

    ReplyDelete