Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Nice Day for A Wedding


 The sun is shining bright, not a cloud in the sky. The temperature is suitable and everyone looks their best.
What a Lovely Day for A Wedding!

This is a really special card, and I am so pleased to be sharing it with you today.  I just received the new set of Julie Nutting Doll Stamps from Prima, and this is the newest and largest one yet!  Everyone meet Lorenna!  When I saw this stamp, I immediately thought of a beautiful bride, walking down the aisle. 

 It also happened that Little Scrap Pieces- Fun Friday Challenge was A Nice Day for a White Wedding. So, I knew I had to make this card and submit it for the challenge. I also submitted it to the DL Art Thankful Thursday-June Linky Party Challenge "Anything Goes."

I started out by stamping Lorenna's image out on a piece of plain white card stock, twice. I then stamped her upper body on one of the tags from Prima's Large Tag Pad, also designed by Julie Nutting. Each tag has an antique look to it, with antique text lightly printed on each tag. I used this for her head, shoulders, and arms. Then just a light touch of Copic markers on her skin, and hair, and I was ready to design the dress.  I ran both stamped dresses through my Cuttlebug with the Damask Embossing folder from Sizzix. I then fussy cut one dress into strips, following the folds of the skirt. I popped every other one up on the thickest sticky Zots I could find, and glued the top of the fold down at the waist. I then went over the outlines with my white Posca paint marker. The folds are still slightly visible, giving the gown depth and dimension. To add a little bling, I added a small bouquet of Prima pink roses in her hand, and added a flowing bow to her hair containing three small rosebuds.

The card itself is a half-fold card  made from The Luxury Stack, pearlized and metallic card stock from Die Cuts With a View. The attached squares were cut from a sheet of handmade embossed paper from Creative Papers, and the sentiment was stamped on plain white card stock with Memento's Tuxedo Black ink.

I think it turned out well, and I hope you have enjoyed it also. Don't  forget to click on the link above from Little Scrap Pieces to check out more ideas and cards, celebrating A Nice Day for a White Wedding.
Mindy

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful elegant card.
    Love it.
    Gr Elly

    {I sew you on DL Art]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The card is beautiful! Simple and elegant. I like how you designed the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, Mindy!! I love, love the wedding dress!! The embossing looks so amazing!! I haven't ordered the newest dolls yet and I need to!! Stunning card my friend!! Thanks so much for joining us at LSP!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Little Scrap Pieces DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that stamp is fabulous love what you did with it...so perfect. thank so much for joining the lsp challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS thank you for joing the LSP challenge
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is amayyyzing!! Well done!
    Sher

    ReplyDelete