Monday, August 19, 2013

PRIMA DOLL STAMP BLOG HOP- Week #3- Fall project


Welcome friends, to Week #3 of the Prima Doll Blog Hop. By the time you read this, I hope you have seen many of the NEW Mixed Media Doll Stamps from artist Julie Nutting and Prima Products.

A few of us are having so much fun with them that we have decided to put together a 4-part Blog Hop, and the rules are very simple.

Each Tuesday through the month of August, we will be sharing creations made with a variety of these fabulous stamps to inspire you.  This is a 4-Seasons Blog Hop with each Tuesday's project featuring a season of the year.

For Week #1's Hop- SPRING- click HERE

For Week #2's Hop- SUMMER- click HERE

For Week #3's Hop- FALL- Stay tuned, right here;
And
For Week #4's Hop- WINTER- Check back on Tuesday August 27, 2013.

All you will need to do is HOP to each of our blogs each Tuesday and leave us a comment.
Be sure to include your email address, because on August 30th when the Hop is over, we will EACH be giving away a prize!

Yes, each participant in the HOP will be giving away a prize package, and these prizes will be shown on each of our blogs during the Hop.  REMEMBER. . .You will need to comment on each Tuesday's post to be eligible for the prize drawing. AND. . . .if you share our Hop information on your blog, Facebook Page, or Twitter account, be sure to let us know and you will get a SECOND chance at the prize drawing.  WAIT THERE IS MORE! If you become a follower/subscriber to our blog, you will get a THIRD chance!!!!

So, what do you say?  Ready for some FUN???????

HERE ARE OUR PARTICIPANTS, they are waiting for your visit!
* * * * * * * * * * *







* * * * * * * * * * *


With FALL being just around the corner, I thought I would celebrate HALLOWEEN for my Fall Project.  I have used four of the Prima Doll Stamps, dressed them each in costume, and presented them in a HALLOWEEN CENTERPIECE that would be FUN for any gathering during this season.  I hope you enjoy them, as much as I enjoyed making them!

FIRST is Doll with Pocket Dress dressed as a WITCH!

I stamped the doll on a Prima Tag and used the outline of her dress to continue it on down, until it was a long gown. I used a #100 black Copic Marker to color in the dress and freehand cut a witches hat and colored it with the same black marker. I also used Copics to color her hair grey and skin a light greenish beige. To add accents to her gown and hat, I used Stickles glitter in Mermaid green.





SECOND is Riley dressed as a Pumpkin!
Riley is also stamped on a Prima Tag (for strength) and I colored her with my Copic Markers.  I drew a pumplin shape freehand on watercolor paper and used my Inktense Watercolor Pencils from Derwent to color the pumpkin, shading it with red and brown in the shadow areas, and yellow in the highlight areas.  To give it a little sparkle, I used some liquid Craft Twinkles to add sparkle to the pumpkin. I also stamped out a few generic leaves to place around her neck and on her head as a hat!














THIRDLY is Olive, dressed like a Kitty!
Olive was also stamped on a Prima Tag. I colored her exhisting outfit in Copic Marker #100 black, and added Capri leggings, tiny black pointy ears on her headband, and a long curvy black tail. I also added black wiskers, and stamped a black shadow cat from the Martha Stewart Halloween Icon Stamp Set.











LASTLY is Doll with double tiered dress, dressed like a BAT!

She was also stamped on a Prima Tag. I colored her exhisting dress with the #100 Copic Marker, and left her skin the pale off white color of the natural tag. I extended the sleeve of her dress to look like bat wings, and after coloring, highlighted the entire figure with Starry Night Stickles glitter. I drew tiny fangs on her face and detached her legs, and re-glued them to the side, to make her look as if she were flying.









TO COMPLETE THE ARRANGEMENT;

I took a tall 3" X 9" orange candle and placed it on a plate with a green beaded candleholder. Using POP-dots I adhered the witch to the left side of the candle and the kitty on the right side.  I then placed the pumpkin on the left of the witch and the bat at the top of the candle. I stamped several other pumpkin stamps with leaves that I had on heavy watercolor paper and colored them with my Inktense Watercolor pencils. I placed them at the edge of the plate along with a tiny sign, wishing everyone a Happy Hallow's Eve.


Don't forget to leave a comment on my blog to be eligible for my "BLOG CANDY" giveaway! Please check my sidebar on the right for a picture and list of my Blog Candy Prize!

AND. . . . Don't forget to continue on Hopping to Joyce's Blog,

                                               SCRAP FOR JOY to continue on the hop!

Thanks, for stopping by today, see you again soon!
Mindy

35 comments:

  1. Your costumed dolls are just fabulous! You have really took these dolls to a new level with the Halloween costume theme. I'm a follower, have posted your hop on my blog: http://paulettesapaper-artzy.blogspot.com/2013/08/prima-doll-blog-post.html and shared it on Splitcoaststampers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi Mindy!!!

    Seu trabalho está fantástico!!! Parabéns!!! Fiz a visita e comentário no blog da Lisa, Darlene.

    http://edilzateixeira.blogspot.com.br/2013/07/wow-voce-ja-viu-o-prima-julie-nutting.html

    Email:
    edilzateixeirascrap@gmail.com

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Mindy you sure knocked it out of the park!! Wow...four wonderful creations...very creative my friend!! I love them all, but the cat lady was a super idea ( I LOVE cats)....now it makes me want to make more...wonderfully done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think the kitty is my favorite, too. I love cats, too, but am allergic to their fur. So I must live vicariously through my crafts. Thanks for organizing this hop! I am having so much fun!
      Mindy

      Delete
  4. This is so cool. Love the scene and the dolls look amazing! TFS

    karon(dot)hughes(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! You have not only stepped out of the box...you've reinvented it! You have taken the same paper dolls we are all using and have altered them in the most wonderful ways! I love all of your girls and they way you've made them even more charming! Witch, pumpkin,cat and bat...I love them all!
    Super duper, Mindy!
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY SMOKES ... these are AWESOME!!! What a VERY CLEVER idea to dress them each for Trick or Treat! And I truly LOVE how you did it ... I would have NEVER thought to do this ... thanks SO MUCH for amazing inspiration using these adorable dolls. YOU GO GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Mindy, this is fabulous!! I love the costumes - they are so creative and gorgeous!! You did such an amazing job my friend!! I think the pumpkin might be my favorite...or the kitty...or the witch...or the bat...see, I just can't pick one!! Love, love this!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a novel idea Mindy! I love the girl in black with the tail....so cute! You did a really nice job with fall.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, these are all FANTASTIC! I love these dolls...your table centerpiece turned out adorable! I love all of the dolls, especially Riley! SO cute!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    jskoning at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute and clever! I really like the pumpkin costume doll!! You are keeping your creativity flowing as usual.
    Luzita

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are sooooo cute Mindy, love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a great project, I love every detail, thanks for sharing.

    alvinascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mindy, Such imagination to think of putting the dolls in Halloween costumes! Then to make a centerpiece. All of your dolls look great. I 'll be back later to take a longer look!
    joanc@satx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now this is just super fun! So much detail, one of each Fall event coming up! I can tell you had a lot of fun creating each of these beauties :) xx0o

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did an amazing job with all the dolls costumes:) I loved them all. Thanks for the inspiration! Your center piece is fabulous:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    moni023 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im already a follower and so happy to be one. Thanks for all the inspiration:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    moni023 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun to see each gils alone and then all together! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your dolls each dressed in Halloween costume are adorable! Then when I got to the centerpiece with them and the candle I was wowed. You really rocked Fall. I am so enjoying this wonderful hop...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you for joining us and enjoying our projects. We really enjoy hearing your comments, it helps us learn, too. Please visit us again, next week.
      Mindy

      Delete
  19. What a great idea! They're just darling. Love the Halloween looks...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the way you decorated your dolls! Thanks for sharing the tips on shading. That's great that you can freehand draw and make the dolls into various outfits. Loved the surprise of the flying bat and how you move her feet! What a great centerpiece!
    joanc@satx.rr.com
    I am a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun with all the creative outfits you created for each doll! A perfect Halloween centerpiece incorporating them all, very creative! FAb job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I posted the Prima Doll Blog Hop on my FB site.
    Joan Cornell, San Antonio TX
    joanc@satx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are adorable! I'm a follower. hollysilva911@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really cute! Love the costumes! LSmithRN62@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your Halloween centerpiece, a sure knock out.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow. I love all the dolls. How unique. The pumpkin doll is so cool. They are all. You have such talent.

    Debbie P
    deb.peysen@suddenlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are so darling! Love the Halloween theme.
    indyowens at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a fun and creative twist on the dolls! I love all the costumes! =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. These Halloween dolls are real cuties!
    Carol b
    Cburnsstar@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh your dolls are so adorable, love the cute pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think I forgot to leave my contact info on the previous comment!!
    Kathy
    Salido99@msn.com
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. These dolls are so cute, Mindy! I missed visiting last week, so many family obligations:( Glad I got to stop by to say 'hi' and see your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  33. adora-bly spooky! these dolls turned out great mindy! very creative!

    ReplyDelete