Monday, August 5, 2013

PRIMA DOLL STAMP BLOG HOP! -Week #1 -Spring

WOW! Have you seen the Prima Mixed Media Doll Stamps from artist Julie Nutting? The are adorable!

A few of us are having so much fun with them that we've decided to put together a 4-part Blog Hop, and the rules are very simple.

Each Tuesday throughout the month of August;  August 6, 2013  August 13, 2013  August 20, 2013 and August 27, 2013 we will be sharing creations made with a variety of these fabulous stamps to inspire you. This is going to be a 4-Seasons Blog Hop with each Tuesday's project featuring a season of the year. 
The theme of Tuesday, August 6, 2013 will be SPRING FEATURES!
The theme of Tuesday, August 13, 2013 will be SUMMER FEATURES!
The theme of Tuesday, August 20, 2013 will be FALL FEATURES! and
The theme of Tuesday, August 27, 2013 will be WINTER FEATURES!

All you will need to do is HOP to each of our blogs each Tuesday in August and leave us a comment. Be sure to include your email address, because on August 30th we will
 EACH be giving  away a prize!

Yes, each participant will be giving away a prize package, and these packages will be shown on each of our blogs during the Hop! REMEMBER. . . .you will need to comment each Tuesday to be eligible for the prize drawing.  AND. . . if you share our hop information on your blog, Facebook Page, or Twitter account, be sure to let us know and you will get a
SECOND chance at the prize drawing. WAIT THERE IS MORE!
If you become a follower/subscriber to our blog, you will get a THIRD chance!!!!

So, what do you say?  Ready for some FUN??????

Here are our participants, they are waiting for your visit!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *





* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

So, without further ado, here is my Spring Doll Feature: The Spring Doll Door Hanger!



My Spring Doll Door Hanger is made from "Olive", one of the newer doll stamp releases, and she is mounted on  a wooden unfinished triangular banner that I painted with Baby Pink acrylic paint. I then adhered a sheet of Rose Garden printed paper from First Edition papers.  Rubber stamp accents such as bees, peacock feathers, and border was stamped with Sepia brown Archival Ink from Ranger. Olive was also stamped with the brown Archival Ink on a Prima Tag Pad and then cut out and applied to the banner.
I colored her features with Copic markers, added a paper pieced skirt from the Rose Garden paper pad, and adhered her to the banner with 3-D glue dots.  I also added vellum daffodil stickers and dragonflies, along with a tag cut from the Rose Garden paper pad.  A cute printed grosgrain ribbon was tied in two bows, and then used as the hanger loop to hang from any door knob or on a bedroom wall.  I hand wrote the inspirational word "PLAY" to the door hanger to symbolize the child in all of us, using my Posca markers. To top it all off, I added some acrylic stones for bling on the dragonflies and necklace for the doll.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Don't forget to leave a comment on my blog to be eligible for my "BLOG CANDY" giveaway! Please check my sidebar on the right for a picture and list of my Blog Candy Prize!
AND DON'T FORGET TO CONTINUE ON HOPPING TO  JOYCE'S BLOG,
"SCRAP FOR JOY" to continue on the hop!


Here is another of my projects using my Prima Doll Stamps.



Thanks for stopping by, see you again soon!
Mindy






36 comments:

  1. Hi Mindy! Oh a door hanger ... what a clever idea ... LOVE IT! And your bridal Prima is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining in the PRIMA HOP FUN and sharing your amazing talent!
    HUGS from OHIO
    Darlene
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindy! I think your door hanger is adorable..love the stamps and embellishments you used to trim it out. Somehow I missed the fact that the stamps have names-LOL! I'm really enjoying meeting all of my fellow designers and I will be excited to see everyone's creations every Tuesday.
    Your bride is gorgeous!!
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty in pink. I love the pretty pastel background and all the special details. The ribbon is so pretty and a perfect accent. Your bride doll is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Mindy, what a gorgeous door hanger!! She looks so pretty!! You colored her beautifully!! The background of the banner is fabulous!! I love all of the details!! It's springy and gorgeous my friend!! Thanks for the inspiration!! I'm so happy to be hopping with you!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tag! Love all the elements and how you combined them. Nice hopping with you.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oi Mindy!!!

    Parabéns pelos belíssimos trabalhos!!! Amo esses selos. Obrigada por compartilhar conosco essa belíssima ideia. Já visitei o blog da Darlene, Mary, Lisa e Diane deixei um comentário.

    BLOG:
    http://edilzateixeira.blogspot.com.br/

    EMAIL:
    edilzateixeirasccrap@gmail.com

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your Prima doll hop and seeing each of the Spring creations. Olive is uber cute with her banner to hang on a door. Love the bride with her bouquet of flowers. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am now following your blog as I really like your creative style. Thank you. Happy Creative Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mindy -- I love these stamps!! I have a wedding shower coming up and would really like to make a wedding card like yours. Would you mind sharing how you made it? debbo_50@yahoo.com

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your door hanger and your wedding card is stunning. I am supposed to be decorating my two girls bedrooms this fall and this is a wonderful idea. I'm a new follower :-)

    karon(dot)hughes(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!Beautiful projects!!!Love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea for a girl's room! Olive looks very Spring time ready in her pastel and cute hair bow.
    Your wedding dress is gorgeous. The flowers at her waist, the various color or texturing of her dress and even her bridal veil!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These dolls are truly amazing! Your door hangar is great, but that bride is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, those stamps are really beautiful, great projects, thanks for sharing.

    alvinadiaz@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with Joanie these little girls would be darling hanging from banner around the room and any liitle girls room. Have always loved playing with paper dolls and still do, absolutely love the wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow....love the door hanger! The Prima paper dolls are absolutely awesome! I love your details and your work is fabulous! The wedding dress is GORGEOUS!!TFS!!!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun is the darling door hanger and your wedding dress one is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mindy...What a clever idea for a door handle! I know many girls would love having it hang on their door. Your doll is very "Sassy in Pink" and looks like she's ready for some fun! Luzita

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful projects! LOVE the wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the wedding dress. Just lovely.

    Thanks
    Debbie
    now a follower of your site

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved your Prima Doll projects especially the wedding one. I too loved to play with paper dolls when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is breath taking! I love the dress:) Thanks for all the inspiration!

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am a new follower and would love if you stopped by my blog and followed me too:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh what a sweet duo of cards, and the wedding card is simply stunning. Lovely touches and beautifully designed!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm happily following you and have loved peeking at your past creations, too! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really creative choices! Love the banner and the lovely wedding card! I'm really enjoying following this fun blog hop! My email address is: LSmithRN62@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mindy, you did an amazing job with the dolls! Especially the bride. She is simply GORGEOUS. Thanks for sharing.
    DebbieK
    d kaste at wi dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW fabulous projects! That door hanger is soooo cute and OMG at that bride!! Just gorgeous!!!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥
    Joann6274 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super cute Mindy and so clever to make a door hanger!! I pinned the bridal one long before I "met" you...love her too....can't wait to see your next Tuesday creation and am so happy you could join us on our hop!! sorry I am so late, but no internet where I was...take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The door hanger is really cute, Mindy! And the bride is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I agree, these are fabulous projects. I am a new follower. ajscreativeenergy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your banner- so fun- loving the new image too. WOW- your 2nd card with the long white dress is so beautiful! Fun idea for a hop and I am a new follower
    Shellymc2 at Comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. The bride is stunning and Olive is adorable.
    I am a follower.
    Carol b
    Cburnsstar@aol.com

    ReplyDelete