Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dia de los Muertos Skull & Halloween on the Way!

Hello fellow artists and cardmakers! It has been two weeks since my last post, and many thought I have dropped off the face of the earth.  Sorry, the first front of fall brought in all sorts of pollen, and I have just been down with a case of the allergies, and I really couldn't get my thoughts together to post! 

I have been working on projects during this time, and have 6 - 10 of them in various stages of completion.  The above Muertos Skull is on a piece of cardboard, and was traced on it with the help of a 12"X 12" template from the Crafter's Workshop.  Most of the coloring done was with my Copic Markers, and when I got the colors in, I highlighted some of them with my Wink of Stella Glitter Markers. I don't know if you can see the glimmer, but in person, the colors are awesome.

I haven't decided whether I will display this in a frame, or mount it on a canvas board and collage with other mixed-media products. I still have a week to finish my Dia De Los Muertos items, before putting up my shrine, so I need to make my decision soon.

I have also continued playing with my Tattered Angels Paint System Kits, and have lots of samples to use on cards and tags. I hope to share some of those with you tomorrow or the day after. I have also been working with the awesome kit from Paper Wings Productions, October Nesting Components Kit, which is full of pumpkin and fall clip art (2 pages), lots of fall and Halloween postcards, painted wooden charms, and ribbons.

I just wanted to check in with you all, and let you know I am still alive and kickin', and hope you are having a full and creative week. See you again soon!
Mindy

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome, Mindy!! I almost purchased that Crafter's Workshop stencil and picked another one instead. Now I wish I had...you did a fabulous job with it!! Love the colors!!

    I hope the allergies are better. I had them so bad when I was little, I had to get weekly shots. But they worked and I don't get them too bad anymore. Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy,
    This is great for dias los muertos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy, This is great for dias los muertos! Very typical of a bright color and then gray or black.
    Sorry to hear you have been having allergy difficulties. Glad you are back. I'm looking forward to more posts. I've had some difficulty getting Google to "know" me. G'nite.

    ReplyDelete