Sunday, October 27, 2013

Savor the Flavors of Life

Hello everyone! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. and savored the flavors of life.  I have really enjoyed this new stamp set I ordered from Flourishes titled, "Italian Garden".  The set has 11 pieces in it, and I have only used four, so far.  I love the Italian lifestyle, foods, scenery, and I hope to visit Italy one day.  Several of my friends are in Italy right now on a Tim Holtz cruise, and as they send back photos to their Facebook pages, I fall more and more in love with the country and it's surroundings. Here is how I created this card!

First of all, I stamped the ingredients cluster stamp which consisted of the olive oil, tomatoes, garlic and parmesan.  I then added the pot of oregano, along with the saying, and the word "Enjoy!"  Using my Cuttlebug and Romantic Rectangles Die, I diecut the border from a piece of yellow printed paper.  Then using the die itself as a border, I traced inside the design around my stamping, and cut along the pencil line for the "label look". I highlighted the edge of the label with my gold PanPastel chalk to blend with the yellow patterned paper. Before mounting the label, I colored the image with my Copic markers, shading and highlighting where indicated by the stamp.

I attached the background die to the card front with double stick adhesive, and then used foam tape to attach the image label on top of the die. To add even more dimension, I added a small cat die from Impression Obsession, highlighted with Brushed Corduroy Distressed ink, and used another layer of foam tape to give the card depth.  To finish off the card, I used my clear Wink of Stella marker to add clear sparkle to the oregano pot and the glass of water with the basil sprig in it.

This card reminded me so of the laid back and relaxed lifestyle of Italy. I hope you had a relaxing and comfortable weekend, and are ready for a kooky, spooky, week filled with Halloween cheer. Stay safe and have a great week!
Mindy

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Mindy!! The image is gorgeous and you colored it perfectly!! What a fabulous card my friend!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job of creating an Italian scene including the cat! You do such an excellent job with copic markers and blending. I really like how you made the "label" with the images on it. Someone can save this for a cover on their cookbook or recipe box. A card and gift in one!

    ReplyDelete