Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to Mothers everywhere!

Here is a card I submitted to a challenge on the Paper Wings Productions blog.paper-wings-productions.blogspot.com/ It was for their Flight Plan Challenge 002.

Using large chipboard letters, I traced around the letters; M-O-M and then using my x-acto knife cut out the excess paper to leave just the letters as the front flap of the card. I then inked around each letter with an Old Paper Distressed Ink Pad and blending tool from Tim Holtz. Then using one of Post Script Press' framer stamp sets from Paper Wings, I stamped out several frames from card stock and cut each one out. 

 The interior of the card, I covered in a scrap of printed scrapbook paper and added several strips of decorative ribbon, knowing it would show through between the letters. I then picked out photos to go behind the frames, and labeled the frames with "me", "you", and "us", "2012".  The small word stamps are included in the sets with the frame. I situated the frames on the outside of the card, covering my "Happy Mother's Day" message inside. To top it off I tied a simple bow on the top of the first "M".

When you make this card for other occasions, you have to concentrate completely when tracing your letters on the reverse side of the front flap. You have to remember to mirror image your letters in reverse order or your word may not come out correctly. "Mom" is easy because it is spelled correctly front-to back, and back-to-front. Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there!

1 comment:

  1. I like! Thanks for the idea! I hope I get to enter that challenge as well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete