Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Crafty Friends

Hello Friends!
Today's quick post is a "Thank You" for a friend, Mark Jetton from Deadbeat Designs Stamps.  He sent me two of his newest wood mounted stamps, Thelma, and Small funky glasses.

I love these new designs, but hadn't had a chance to order them yet. Thelma is so cute, and there are several styles of her that Mark designed. There is also a full length version, called Thelma leaning, that is so creative and fun to work with in your card making.  The Funky Glasses also come in two sizes, and just add that special touch to your backgrounds and other images. You can view Mark's Gallery at his above mentioned web site, just click on the link and it will take you there.

To make this tag, I first took the Thelma stamp (in the square) and stamped it in the middle of the tag.  I then stamped a mask on a sticky note, fussy cut around it, and then placed it on top of the tag image.  I then inked the small glasses stamp with Tuxedo black Memento ink and stamped it around the masked image.  I then removed the mask, and colored in the image with my Copic markers.  To add some interest and texture to the background, I swiped the Old Paper Distress Stain from Tim Holtz around and then lightly spritzed the entire tag with Lindy's Stamp Gang's Desert Moon Purple Sage Glitz Spritz.  For bling, I added tiny pearls to the glasses frames, and a shiny ribbon to the top of the tag.  I then stamped the "Crafty Friends" sentiment from My Favorite Things, PI Crafty Things Stamp Set.

This saying is so true, one of my favorites: "Crafty Friends are the Best Friends!"  See you all soon! Keep on Craftin'.
Mindy

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable!! Those stamps are fabulous!! I love your design!! How sweet of him to send the stamps to you!! I'll have to go check out the website!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice jo - love your coloring! Glad you're enjoying the stamps!

    ReplyDelete