Friday, November 29, 2013

JOY Today

The day after Thanksgiving, "Black Friday", the biggest shopping day of the year for Christmas gift giving!  For those of you in the USA, Black Friday is a day of Joy, and happiness, because 73% of the population will be cramming the malls and shops, pushing, shoving,  and grabbing everything in stock, trying to get the greatest bargains of the century!  After 27 years in retail, I don't go anywhere near a store on the day after Thanksgiving. NO MATTER WHAT!

Instead, I stay home and work on my arts and crafts, and sit down with a warm cup of tea to watch one of my favorite performers of all time, Garth Brooks, who is doing a concert on TV tonight "Live from Las Vegas".  Just Garth and his guitar, alone on stage, recreating the music that HE grew up with. I am in heaven!

I did get a few cards made today. One is the Joy Today card pictured above.  For this card, I die cut the white background card from the largest label die from the Spellbinders Twenty Six set, and then cut another label die from a Christmas Stripe print paper.  I then cut a black label from the Ornate Squares Spellbinders Set, and attached it to the stripe background paper. I stamped the Cameo Brooch Stamp from Deep Red Clingstamps in Memento Tuxedo black ink on white card stock. I used my Copic markers to color in the Cameo Brooch, fussy cut the brooch, and then used foam tape to pop it up on top of the black label. Using a small red pre-cut label, I used my white Posca marker to write the word "Joy" on it, then attached it to the card front along with a few white half pearls and two burgandy tiny brads attaching the black label to the card front. 

I am having so much fun making these 4" square gift cards, and will probably package a bunch of them together and send them to a friend for Christmas. Well, I guess I will close for now. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and maybe even get a little time to create something beautiful.  I also hope you will take a moment, and drop me a line leaving your comments. I really enjoy hearing from you, and your comments, and would love to come and check out your blogs if you have one.  See you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Mindy!! I love the image and papers!! The shape is fabulous!! I didn't dare venture out on Black Friday...I stayed inside and shopped online ;) I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete