Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tags to Go!

Hello fellow paper artists and friends,
Today I want to share with you three tags that I made this week. Tags are almost as much fun to make as greeting cards, and as far as I'm concerned they are just as fun to receive.

The first tag is a beautiful butterfly that was stamped on watercolor paper, colored with copic markers, cut out, and glue dotted to the gift tag. I stamped the tag with an oval black frame, cut the inside out and the glued a piece of patterned paper behind it (pink roses).I then  stamped several daisy flower stamps, colored each, cut out, and adhesive dotted each.  I stamped the word "beauty" at top of the tag, and began to adhere the butterfly, and daisies to the tag in a pleasing manner.  I then added three tiny jewels to the word, and a lovely pink ribbon to match the coloring of the tag.

The middle tag was one done in the "Steampunk" style to some degree. I used my rusty hinge Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad to distress the edge of the tag, and then adhered a steampunk design from a Graphics 45 paper pad. I couldn't find my metal gears and sprockets, so I used unfinished buttons from Maya Road, a few stick-on pearls from Reflections, for embellishments. I tied a knot in my matching ribbon and fed it through the button at the top of the tag, and glued a small rope of sisal string that I braided together across the front of the tag.

The last tag was very simple. I cut a piece of printed paper to fit the front of the tag and adhered it in place. I then stamped the Beagle stamp from Impression Obsession on a scrap of card stock, colored it in with copic markers, and cut it out. I used several squares of 3M foam tape to adhere it and give dimension. I then stamped the word "smile" and three assorted flowers with Memento ink, cut them out, and adhered to finish off the tag. I also tied an overhand know with a matching ribbon to the top.

Tags can be used on gifts to match the theme of the celebration, or used on greeting cards to give an added touch of dimension.  Whether you use them as is, or combine them with others, tags are a fun addition to your paper arts repitior.  Until next time, "keep on stampin".

1 comment: