Thursday, May 31, 2012

All About Me!

Hello fellow paper artists,
Several years ago I attended a class at one of my local scrapbook stores, and took a class on making a scrapbook, "All About Me"!  I filled an 8"X8" scrapbook with pages from the class, and when it was over we persuaded the instructor to teach another series of classes to continue with the theme. When these classes were complete, I still had several blank pages in my album, so whenever I feel like making another page for the album, I do so.

I was designing a page for a challenge at Paper Wings Productions, and using one of their stamp sets; Vintage Technology, I made the following page to submit.  My background paper was an oriental design from the "Far East" paper collection and the center bracket design was from the Paper Wishes Card Topper series. I colored the bracket design and all of the  technological parts with copic markers. I then used one of the Hot Off the Press Label Templates to make accent borders to go around each of the vintage items. I used 3M foam tape to pop up each vintage item in the label to give the page more texture and movement.  For my title strip,  I printed my saying on the computer, and then adhered it to the middle of a punched strip of card stock, using an EKSuccess border punch. I also added a few strips of coordinating ribbon to the right hand corner, and my page was done.

Scrapbooks can be lots of fun, and also helpful when trying to remember occasions and dates. My only problem was waiting 40+ years to start making the album and trying to get my brain activated enough to remember everything I wanted to remember!

I hope I have inspired you to start an album of your memories while they are still fresh in your mind, before they
get all moldy in your brain, like mine.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. like this idea! one of my fave stamp sets from PWP

    ReplyDelete