Saturday, November 29, 2014

Sunflower Birthday


I am featuring one of the new Sunflower stamps from Heartfelt Creations available in the Classy Cards 'n Such online store.  Mindy here, with one of my favorite New stamps for coloring with Copics, colored pencils, or watercolors.

I started with a fall background colored card stock base, Mandarin Curious Metallic card stock in the A 2 size. I stamped a background on white card stock with the Heartfelt Creations- Rye Grass Flourish Set,  no longer available at the Classy Cards store, in light blue and orange Memento Ink. I then stamped the Large Sunflower Stem PreCut Set in the center, and the butterfly on a separate piece of white card stock. I then colored in the flower and butterfly with my Distress Markers by Tim Holtz, and fussy cut around the butterfly.

Before adhering the background to the card base, I used my X-Acto knife and cut a slit on both sides of the flower and inserted a strip of Stardream Fuse Vista metallic paper as a ribbon.  I then attached the butterfly to the card, and stamped the birthday greeting from the Mums stamp set from JustRite Cling stamps and added Amber Rhinestones and darkened them with a copic marker before attaching them to my card.

Have a Sun- shiny and Happy Day!

1 comment:

  1. Mindy, Your card is beautiful! Such a beautifully colored flower and overall card! The blue ribbon of paper makes me think of blue skies and sunflowers. Love the wheat flourish, too bad its no longer available.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete