Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sparkle and Shine



Hello friends, Mindy with you today, to share a sparkling and shiny card that reminds me of the old Aluminum Christmas Tree of years past.  Our challenge this week is to create a Gold or Silver or both, Christmas Tree as per our Inspirational Photo.


As you can see from my drawing, I started my card by mapping my tree form with strips of matching card stock to the front panel of my card.  Then I used my Ponderosa Pine Sprig from Dee's Distinctively dies to die cut three sets of the sprigs (approximately 24) from the Tinsel Holographic Paper from The Paper Cuts.  I then cut each sprig in half lengthwise, and began gluing the sprigs to the card stock branches with the Dries Clear Adhesive from the Art Institute of Glitter.  This adhesive dries clear and quickly and makes assembly of the tree a snap!

For more information on the supplies I used, and how I used them, you can check our blog HERE!

I hope you have enjoyed my card today, and will create a card to submit to our weekly challenge called Trim-A-Tree, Gold and or Silver!
Mindy

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Mindy, this is so elegant and gorgeous!! I love the design of this!! The ribbon and the bird are awesome!! I love, love this!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete