Saturday, November 8, 2014

A Cup of Love



A pretty pink card in remembrance of Breast Cancer Awareness, this is Mindy with a card made for a dear friend who is a Breast Cancer Survivor.

I started with this lovely pink card base that I stamped with the ribbon symbol from a rubber stamp I have had for many years. I'm not sure who made this stamp, but with October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, there are many companies that are promoting their sets with the ribbon image. I stamped the image with Versamark clear embossing ink and embossed with Clear Fine Detail embossing powder by Sparkle 'n Sprinkle.

I then stamped the cup of daisies from the Daisy Bouquets by Inky Antics and colored with Distress Ink Markers from Tim Holtz.  The Tiny Doilies from My Favorite Things were die cut and adhered to the card with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive and embellished with Baby Pearls- White. I fussy cut around the cup of daisies and used  Foam Pads- Large by Joy! to adhere the cup to the card front.

On a small tag, I stamped the sentiment from the set Hope and Love by Just Rite clear stamps and attached it with foam tape around the cup handle.

Thank you for joining us on the blog today. I hope this card inspires you to make a card for someone special today!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Mindy!! The flowers are so pretty!! I love how you attached the tag to the handle!! Your friend will adore and appreciate this!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, I love your use of VersaMark and clear embossing powder to make the ribbons stand out in the background . Very cool use of hues, or is it tones. A very pretty simple looking card made with lots of thought to colors ( warm cozy colors ) and full of love!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete