Thursday, April 17, 2014

Sailing, Sailing. . . . . . .

Sailing, sailing over the bounding Maine. . .  A song that sprang forth in my brain while making this card.

I am so in love with die cuts, that lately I have been trying to use at least one on each card I make. I enjoy how they give dimension to cards without having to fussy cut the image. To begin today's card, I recently purchased this sailboat die from Die-Versions Universally Crafty. I won a gift certificate to their online store, and found three dies to purchase with my "winnings"!  I already had this awesome 6X6" background paper pad from Websters Pages Petite Papers, that I purchased at the Classy Cards "N Such online store .
The Yacht Club paper seemed to match my card theme perfectly, so I cut the background to fit my A2 size card front, and then chalked around it with Prima chalk ink.

I then die cut my sailboat in white, red and brown print card stock. I started with the boat in white, then paper pieced the sails from the red, and the body from the brown printed paper. I adhered the layers with Tombow Mono Multi liquid white glue, and then used foam tape to adhere it to the card front. I stamped the 
"wanted" and "No.4" with rich cocoa Memento ink, and my card was completed.

I am entering this card in the weekly challenge at the Classy Cards 'N Such blog: Challenge- Die Cuts .

I hope you will join in the challenges at Classy Cards 'N Such. Check out their calendar for a listing of their weekly challenges, and start creating and sharing your talents with others. 
Mindy

6 comments:

  1. Wow Mindy your card is nothing but perfect, the paper and dies were "meant" for each other. Loved how you used the various colors for your die cut too!! Thank you for joining us this week at Classy Cards 'n Such for our "die cuts" challenge!!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I can just imagine being on the boat watching the fireworks! Thanks for joining us for this week's Classy Cards 'n Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the fireworks and that great sailboat! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy, your card is wonderful! All the little extra touches really make your card pop! Thanks for entering it in the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous! You're right the paper and die cut go together perfectly. Like the others I think of fireworks and watching the fireworks from the boat. Brings back some good memories.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous, Mindy!! I love the Die-Versions sailboat!! The paper is just perfect!! Absolutely fabulous card my friend!! I hope you have a happy and blessed Easter weekend!! Hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete