Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring Cottage Try-Fold Card

Today's card is the Try-Fold card featuring the Art Impressions "Cottage" Try-Fold stamps. I hope you enjoy it.


This is the outside of the card, with all of the flaps folded to form the A2 card. The card itself is made following the instructions on the stamp set, stamped on Blending card stock especially made for Copic coloring, and tuxedo black Memento ink.  The entire card was colored with Copic markers. 


This is with the first fold opened, I printed the sentiment stamp enclosed in the set on this flap.



And this is the card with the two folds open, to show the interior of the card.  I stamped the message "Welcome" with this view to welcome all to the cottage.

As you can see, the stamp set includes 4 stamps, the cottage, the garden gate with foliage, the garden chair and bird houses with a white cat in the chair, and the sentiment "The road to a friend's house is never long."
I added the "black cat" die-cut to cover a mistake on the card.  When I stamped the sentiment on the gate panel originally, I stamped it upside down.  (We all make mistakes, sometimes!) So, to remedy the problem I stamped the phrase again, right side up this time, on another scrap of card stock. I inked the edges, and then to cover my mistake, I adhered it over the boo-boo.  Then when the card was closed, some of the edging showed, so I placed the die-cut cat on the front, looking into the flower pot.

These cards are so much fun to "create" and color, and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it. Visit with me again, soon.
Mindy

1 comment:

  1. How clever t put images on the inside and outside folds! Good method to cover your mistake...no-one would ever be able to tell you made a boo-boo. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete