Monday, January 20, 2014

Sweet Memories


Today's cards is a rather simple design, using a few supplies, and only takes a few moments to put together. It could be considered clean and simple, because it is basically a one layer card, with a strip of washi tape at the top for a color pop!

To start, I cut an A2 size card from stock with a top-fold opening.  The using a K&Co. Rub-On Magic glitter set, adhered the stick-on stickers on the front of the card. The stickers are made from a double-sided adhesive, you just cut them out of the sheet and rub them on your card, like rub-ons. When you remove the safety sheet, you then sprinkle loose glitter included in the kit, on the adhesive and then tap off the loose remaining glitter. If you apply the glitter, one color at a time, you can keep the excess and put it back in the resealable tubes.  I used both the red and pink glitter on these designs. The pink, was adhered to the large heart, and the scroll border.  The red, to the small heart and the sentiment. I also used my Quickie Glue pen to lay down a little glue in the flower inside the large heart, and then sprinkled some of the red glitter onto the flower.   After dry brushing some of the loose glitter off the card that wasn't glued down, I sprayed the card front with Krylon Workable Fixatif, to lightly seal in the glitter that clings on to the adhesive images.

I don't use loose glitter much, because more of it sticks to me than the card, in most cases. I do like the look of glitter, and usually use markers and glitter mixed with glue (Stickles) to add bling to my cards. When I do use the loose stuff, my "glittering" personality shows for at least a week!  Have fun, and try a new product or technique this week in your card making and crafting!

Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment