Saturday, January 18, 2014

I Love You . . . This Much!





There are so many phrases connected to Valentines Day, and this one happens to be one of my favorites.
"I love you, this much" and then a figure with out-stretched arms is well known throughout the states. When I saw this Pure Innocence stamp set, I thought of that phrase, and knew I had to have it. 

I took the red card base and attached a sheet of printed paper to the front of the card.  I then attached a strip of loop braid across the bottom of the card with red line double stick tape. The little girl was stamped on white card stock with black ink, and then her features colored in with my Copic markers. I paper pieced her dress with a scrap of the reverse side of the background paper. (I love double-sided papers!)  The tag was punched from a Magnolia die, and was then accented and colored with Distressed Inks and Wink of Stella glitter pens. The " I love you stamp" was stamped on the tag and then a piece of red ribbon and "XOXO" die cut was added before popping the entire tag on foam tape and adhering to the front of the card. 

The supplies used for this card were as follows:
card stock:  wild cherry, primitive white, and smooth white from My Favorite Things
background paper:  Valentine mat pad by Martha Stewart Crafts
stamps: Pure Innocence "Love is in the Air" from My Favorite Things, and sentiment from clupScrap, Inc.
dies:  Romantic Tag Doohickeys from Magnolia Stamps, and Love Words from MFT

I hope you enjoy making Valentines cards as much as I do. Sending handmade cards to family and friends is one of my favorite things to do, so enjoy creating and sending cards to those YOU love! See you again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment