Friday, January 24, 2014

Love You!


Greetings, it's Friday! The weekend is here!  Another fun Valentine's Day card filled with hearts, lace, and lacy butterflies. Enjoy!

I began this card with a delightful dimensional background paper. The white areas of the paper are flocked, and very fuzzy. I accented the background paper with a strip of chevron stripe washi tape across the card.  I then got out my Cuttlebug die cut machine and cut out the lace heart die from Paper Artsy- Hot Off the Press from metallic white card stock. Then using the Paper Artsy Butterfly dies, cut out two butterflies and colored them with my pink Wink of Stella Glitter pen. Since the metallic stock has a glossy finish, I brushed on a layer of the glitter, and then dabbed it with a paper towel, giving it a mottled finish.  I used the same technique on the chipboard words from Maya Road. These chipboard letters are porous though, and after the first layer of Wink of Stella marker, I decided to add another layer of color on top of the chipboard. All of the elements were glued down with Ranger Glossy Accents. When adhering the butterflies, I only glued down the bodies of them, that way the wings are loose, and could be curled and crimped to give dimension.  I also added a tiny bow die cut, again colored with the Wink of Stella marker.

I hope you have enjoyed my Valentine's Day cards this year. They will be sent out to my Valentines next week. I love you all, and hope you will send and receive handmade cards this year.
Mindy

3 comments:

  1. Super cute Valentine's Day card! love the heart and pretty butterfly! Love the design!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lacy card with butterflies. as a stamp says " Butterfly kisses and Dandelion wishes". The Maya Road letters look great in the slightly darker color . I love the outlining on the letters so they stand out. Such a pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Mindy!! I love the beautiful heart!! The butterflies are awesome!! This is fabulous my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete