Saturday, January 11, 2014

Special Delivery Balloons


Happy Day for me! I received my order from My Favorite Things today with their new releases for January 2014!  I purchased two new Pure Innocence sets, (with cards to follow soon!) a Die-namics die set with Lots of Love words, and the new DC Heart Balloons set along with the matching Die-namics Heart Balloons dies which I had to make a card with immediately!

The card base is an A2 size card with the bitty hearts background from the PI Love is in the Air stamp set stamped all willy-nilly over the card with Color Box Chalk Ink in Warm Violet.  I then cut the three sizes of balloons from the die set and white card stock, and then stamped the coordinating balloon stamp over the die using Memento Inks, Love Letter, Rose Bud, and Grape Jelly.  I also cut the "love you" from white card stock using the Lots of Love Words die set, and stamped the balloon strings and sentiment "special delivery" in tuxedo black Memento ink. I then arranged the balloons like I wanted them and attached them to the card front with Zot dots and foam tape on the large purple one. I wanted the "love you" to pop up just a little, but not as much as the large balloon, so I used rolled Zot dots under the letters to adhere them to the card.

I spent most of the day reading posts from the CHA trade show in Anaheim, CA from all my favorite blogs. There are so many new products being shown there, I'm kinda glad I am unable to attend. I think I would go crazy, wanting to take every class and check out every booth.  I will just stay here at home, and enjoy hearing from friends who are out there shopping for their stores, and continue making cards that make me happy!  Take care, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment