Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hugs and Kisses



Hello, one and all! Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday. My wish for today, is hugs and kisses for all my sweet family and friends. My card today, expresses this sentiment.

This card is filled with so many products I love, that I just had to share it with you.  I started with my favorite card stock for the base card,  My Favorite Things Razzleberry Pink Card Stock. I then used the Hearts Abound embossing folder from Sizzix to give the card a little dimension.  Next, I ran three different die sets through my Cuttlebug to cut the border lace, the three small doilies, and the words "hugs & kisses from smooth white card stock. All of these elements were then attached to the card front using my Martha Stewart ballpoint-tip glue pen, that lets you apply a tiny dot or line of glue to your embellishment. 

I then used a heart punch to punch three heart shapes from red card, and three from white card stock.  I glued the red heart on top of the white one, and offset them just a bit to make the white heart look like a shadow behind the red heart. These were attached to the centers of the doilies with the thick dimensional glue Zots, that make them stick up just a little, above the card surface. To complete the embellishment, I attached self-adhesive red acrylic stones to the lace edging to give it a little bling.

I hope you have enjoyed this card filled with many of my favorite papercrafting products. Following is the list of products used.

card stock:  Smooth White and Razzleberry Pink from My Favorite Things
embossing folder:   Hearts Abound from Sizzix
dies:  Intricate Doilies and Lots of Love Words from Die-namics, My Favorite Things
        Border Carnivale from Cheery Lynn Designs
punch:  small Heart from Fiskars
bling:  tiny acrylic stones from Hero Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment