Friday, January 31, 2014

Saying Hello, with Love!


I thought I was finished making Valentine's Day cards this year, but I was wrong!  Some friends of mine started their own stamp company, Winnie & Walter, LLC.. As of the first of the year, 2014, they kicked off their opening with four beautiful clear stamp sets with coordinating downloadable Cut Files.  One of the sets I fell in love with,  The Big, The Bold, and The Happy was sold out almost immediately.  I patiently waited for it to come back in stock, and then placed my order.  While waiting for the stamp sets to ship, I received the coordinating downloadable Cut Files, and immediately made these lovely cards. 


I printed out the "love" and "hello" files with the black backgrounds in the 3"X5" size, and then trimmed around them to leave a small white border.  I then mounted them on colored card bases and used some dies from Impression Obsession and Hot Off the Press to decorate each one.  For the Love Card, I used the decorative Hearts die from HOTP/ Paper Artsy to cut the filigree heart, added a strip of hearts washi tape across the top, and tied a bow with a white ribbon.
For the Hello Card, I used the IO Grapevine Wreath die, and decorated it with the Memory Box tiny Flock of Birds die. Again I used a strip of polka dot washi tape across the top of the card to tie in the black board look color.

Today, (Friday) I received my stamp sets in the mail, and cannot wait to start stamping with them.  I hope you will go by their web site at www.WinnieWalter.com, and see what they have to offer. Also, check their blog, because they have the most wonderful design team assembled, who have shared sample cards using their beautiful stamp sets. I hope you all have a wonderful Super Bowl weekend, and if you aren't into football that much, maybe you can make some beautiful cards to send for Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely elegant Valentine's. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely valentine and elegant bird cards. The birds are really adorable. I'm going to visit your friends store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I've been reading your blog for a long time
    now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from
    Lubbock Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up
    the great work!

    Here is my web-site; seo rankings

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun for you Mindy to have such creative friends!!! Very cute cards...I love Valentines any time of the year!! Love is love...right?? I would love for you to join us in the challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such this week, it is H2Os..and YOU could win an entire set, just by following the rules...hope to "see" you there!!

    ReplyDelete