Monday, December 23, 2013

Wishing You the Happiest. . . .Merry Christmas


Happy Monday before Christmas!  The big day is only hours away, and I want to take this opportunity to wish you the happiest Christmas ever!

This last minute card uses a family photo and a special memento to decorate it's cover.  The background paper is from the Graphics 45 -12 Days of Christmas paper pack, and is centered on an A2 size red card stock base. The scanned photo is matted with a large tag from the Prima Co. then highlighted around the edges with Wild Honey Distress Ink from Tim Holtz and Ranger.  After mounting the photo onto the background, I cut a thin slit in the fold of the card and ran a 3/8" sheer organza ribbon around the front of the card, and tied it in a lovely bow.  To complete the card, I added an embellishment of a Toys for Tots medal from the United States Marine Corps, backed with a punched scalloped circle. The greeting, "wishing you the happiest. . . " is from a My Favorite Things clear stamp set, along with the "Merry Christmas" stamp used inside.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous and such a beautiful photo, wow!!
    I hope you have a wonderful christmas thank you for your lovely comment I'm so sorry I've only just got back to you, but your comment made my day thank you!!!

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great family photo and a wonderful card as well!!!! Love the vintage look of it!! Merry Christmas to you and I wish you all the best in the year to come. It was so nice to "get to know you" this year...have a wonderful and safe Christmas my friend...I hope Santa is good to you!!

    ReplyDelete