Monday, December 9, 2013

A Special Gift

Your friendship is a Special Gift!  Hello Friends! Today's card is an easel card whose design aspect was found on the Splitcoast Stampers tutorial blog from YouTube.

I just received this wonderful stamp collage from Art Gone Wild Stamps, and the title is "Your Friendship." I stamped out the entire image on white cardstock with Tuxedo black Memento ink, and then colored it in with my Tim Holts Distressed Markers. The entire image consists of 5 squares, 4 flower images and the one sentiment word rectangle. Since the card measures 4 1/2"X 4 1/2", I trimmed off 2 floral squares, and adhered them to the inside of the card.  I matted the image for the front of the card with an irridescent sparkly silver paper, and then another layer of white stock.  For the snowflakes, I cut two from white stock and two from the sparkly silver stock. I then added a clear rhinestone in the center for bling.

Inside, I cut a band of the silver stock and placed it on the base, and then added the Asian Accent Border from Spellbinders cut in avocado green as the stop guage for the front of the easel card.

You tuck the front of the card, as you open it, under the edge of the loopy border and that holds the card open to set on your table or desk. I'm sorry I cannot show the card in dimension, but my digital camera is hiding from me at the moment, and I haven't had time to go "seek" it.   To see the card in 3-D, please search YouTube for video on Easel Cards or the Splitcoast Stampers tutorials to get more ideas on these cards.

Have a wonderful week, and stay safe in your travels for the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. Mindy, This a wonderful friendship card. I lie the saying. The mixing of flowers and snowflakes is a nice way to send flowers to someone who has snow! The photo doesn't show off the silver paper...sorry. I do understand it is difficult to do much cardmaking wearing mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! I love the design and the fabulous stamps!! The colors are awesome!! I hope you are having a wonderful December my friend!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete