Saturday, March 9, 2013

We'll be Friends Forever!

Welcome Friends,
Today's card is a very simple card, that takes just a few moments to put together and color. It uses a Color Me tag and some Dazzle Borders from Paper Wishes/Hot Off the Press.

First of all I cut a rectangle of printed scrap book paper 1/2" smaller than the card base itself (3 3/4"x 5") and adhered it to the card base. Then I added a border of the Dazzles twinkly stickers to both the top and bottom edges.  I then took one of the Color Me tags, that are a pre-printed design that is already embossed in gold, and colored it with my copic markers. I then cut it out with my sharp scissors and then stamped my greeting from the Heart to Heart stamp set from HOTP.
I used foam tape to pop the tag off the front of the card, and adhered a scrap of the printed background paper to the inside of the card.

There you have it, it's DONE!  Another card that uses the same supplies, but a different shape of tag, is the Good Friends are Like the Stars card, below.

On this card I used the Dazzles Border stickers around the whole piece of background scrap book paper. The tag again, was colored with my copic markers and stamped with a sentiment from the Heart to Heart stamp set. This time I used a bit of scrap book paper for a decorated tab on the side of the tag, and tied a scrap of mesh ribbon through the hole in the tag. The Color Me tags come in a package of papers that contain 12" x 12" size scrap book pages along with a sheet of tags, with at least 8 - 10 tags on the page. Some of the Color Me sets also have borders that can be used on your cards or scrap book pages.
 For more information on these Color Me pages, cards, and papers check on the Paper Wishes web site. www.PaperWishes.com and search for the Color Me products.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and a creative and inspiring Spring Break. If you are travelling this Spring Break, have a safe and happy trip. See you soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the designs and elements you used!! Elegant and fabulous!! Happy Saturday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete