Tuesday, March 5, 2013

When Irish Eyes are Smiling. . . . .

Happy Wednesday fellow papercrafters and cardmakers!

Today's post is a St. Patrick's Day card that I made, and I really like the way it turned out. I started out with a 4" wide strip of dark green card stock and cut it at 6" long.
I then scored it at 1" from the end and attached a rectangle of light green stock 4" x 41/2" overlapping just as wide as my red-line tape. This completed the card base.

For the embelishments on this card, I cut two more scraps of card stock; one from a peach and green muted background 3" square, and one dark green stock 2"x4".  The dark green piece was the leftover from the 4" strip cut from the 8"x8" paper pad. I adhered one strip of a yellow and green print washi tape and a strip of beige tape measure style washi tape leaving a space in the middle for my handwritten sentiment banner, "When Irish Eyes are Smiling".  I then handstamped the double dot strip clear stamp from Paper Wings Productions on the left side of the card, and stamped some clover plants from the Louise clear stamp set also from Paper Wings Productions. The stem with leaves stamp and teeny heart stamps made the clover plants, then I colored them in with my Copic markers. I printed the leprechan from an online copyright-free image and colored it with copics also.  To add just the right amount of bling I dabbed a bit of Stickles in Firefly to his shirt, tie, and socks. Foam dots poped him up from the surface of the card, and a bit of peach twine was tied in a knot above his head.

I have a bit of Irish in me, but it must be just a wee bit, because the Guinness makes me woozy! (even a wee bit!) I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead, and try to make some cheery St. Patty's Day cards. (even if you aren't Irish!)

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome!! That leprechaun is adorable!! I love the design!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete