Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring Break 2013

Today is the first day of Spring Break 2013 here in Texas. In honor of all those who leave town to hit the water at the beaches near by, I have created this cute little House Mouse card titled "Sail Away".

The card base is a pre-printed card with glitter and sparkle squares. I stamped out a sheet of chevrons from Hero Arts stamps on their Pool colored paper, and then cut it to size for 1/2 of the card background. I used some silver thin background strips from Dazzles to divide the various chevron stamped panels, and then adhered a border around the entire stamped part.

I then stamped the House Mouse rubber stamp with Memento black ink on specialty stamping paper, and colored it in with my copic markers. I added some stickles to the water lines to make the water stand out, and give the card some motion. After cutting out the stamped area, I popped it up with foam squares to give the card some dimension, also.  To make the banner, I cut small triangles from white card stock, stamped the letters with Versafine ink and smugged a little chalk ink around each pennant, and then used a strip of Dazzles to "hang" them across my card. I also added a tiny grosgrain ribbon where the two backgrounds met, with a bow tied at the top of the card.

I hope the weather on the Texas coast is as nice as the weather casters say it will be; sunny with no chance for rain Monday through Thursday with highs in the 70's. The water may still be a little cool for playing in the surf, but there are still may other water sports you can partake of down there.  Have fun, stay safe, and have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. This is so adorable!! That is the sweetest image!! You colored it beautifully!! And I love the banners!! What a fun card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete