Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Thank Ewe Mark, from Deadbeat Designs Stamps

Thank You Mark, from Deadbeat Designs Stamps!
My post today is a card I made after the mail-lady came. I received a small package from Mark Jetton at Deadbeat Design Stamps, with stamps that he sent thanking me for entering his Texas Independence Day Card Challenge.

I think I liked the "thank you gift" more than the prize offered, especially since the stamps I received aren't even on his web site yet! The shadow Texas stamp, the barn/house with Texas Flag roof, and the small distressed Texas cut-out stamp, are the new stamps and when I added a few others from my stash of Deadbeat stamps, I had a cute landscape card to play with.  Of course, I will have to work on my content and perspective a little bit more, along with my shading and coloring, but all things considered, I think it made a pretty cute "quickie" card.  Adding Deadbeat's Clouds and Buzzards stamps, and a little banner that said "Thank Ewe!"  covered part of the "coloring" I really didn't care for. 

On the inside of the card, I typed with the computer; "No sheep, you say! They are inside the barn, hiding from the buzzards!"  That's my slight attempt at humor since thank EWE, (refers to a female sheep) and there are no sheep in the picture...... OK, I didn't say I was funny!

If you are interested in checking out Mark's great stamps, visit his web site http://www.deadbeatstamps.com/. He has all types of fun and interesting stamps, not only Texas stamps.
 I hope you are all having a wonderful week. Take care, and thanks for visiting my blog. Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I think the sentiment is funny!! And the new stamps are awesome!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like the stamps! Great card - I love how you separated the buzzards! And I hope you didn't lose any sheep worrying about your joke! Baaaaaaaah!

    ReplyDelete