Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easter Tulips: Stained Glass Window

Hello Everyone!  I have another Easter/Spring card for you today.  This one is made from hand tracing a metal stencil of the Tulips Stained Glass Window on white card stock. I traced it twice, once for the background, and another time just for the frame around the window. It is hard to see in this photo, but after coloring the tulips, leaves, frames, and background with my copic markers, I trimmed the gray frame off the second stamping and used clear foam tape to pop it up around the image.

I also stamped a dangling banner from the Lawn Fawn's Bannerific stamp set with Memento ink, and then colored it with copic markers. I used the Pixie Antique Alphabet set to stamp the phrase "Happy Easter" and then used foam dots placed inside the frame to pop the banner just a bit higher than the frame. I need to mail this card, and I don't want it to be so dimensional in the envelope that it will cost extra to mail.

To assemble the card, I took a gray sheet of card  stock and trimmed it to 3 3/4" x 5" and ran it through the Cuttlebug machine with the Dotted Swiss embossing folder. I then mounted the colored image to the embossed stock, and trimmed the top left corner to match the design image and added three pink acrylic stones to the right corner for accent. I left the "grout lines" of the image white on this card, because it looked better. I used the image I cut from the framed pieced and colored in the grout lines with black, gray, and a light gold, just to see how it would look, but I didn't like the look at all. I guess the white worked better with the light colors I colored the image with. Maybe if you colored the image with darker colors the darker grout lines would look OK.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting today. I hope you have enjoyed my card, and will try to stamp a few cards for your family and friends. See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous!! It looks like a real stained glass window!! Absolutely beautiful!! I love it!! Happy Wednesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete