Friday, August 24, 2012

SWEETNESS

Hello friends,
Sweetness is what I feel when I see this lovely fawn napping in the grass. This is the first time I have used this stamp, and I really like the way it stamped out.

The weather here in South Texas has been cooler the past week, and all the creatures have been coming out at sundown to enjoy the cooler temperatures. There is a private church school down the street from my home, where in the evening right before sunset, you can see a family of deer strolling through the school grounds into the wooded area beyond.  They stop and frolic in the well manicured lawn of the school, sometimes laying in the cool, freshly watered grass before they scamper off into the wooded area behind the school. I love to watch them graze and frolic, and wonder if they feel safe living in such a populated area as San Antonio. They inspired me to make this card and add it to my collection.

The entire picture area is the stamp, and I stamped it on watercolor paper with Versafine Sepia ink. Then I gently colored it with my Distressed Ink markers. I stippled on the blue background and them matted the picture in a light beige card stock, before mounting it on an animal printed card base. I believe I purchased the box of animal print cards at JoAnn's Crafts. I thought they were so unique, and would add an element of texture to my animal themed cards.

Take time to enjoy the nature in and around your home. Sometimes you too, will be inspired to use this nature in creating ideas for cards and art projects that you do. Take care, and visit again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment