Friday, August 17, 2012

Pretty as a Peacock

























Hi there stampers! Today's card is a peacock stamp I forgot I had. Several months ago when I was out shopping, I found this wonderful peacock feather ribbon. Of course I didn't know what I was going to use it for, but it was just so pretty, I knew I had to have it.  After months of looking for a peacock rubber stamp, I found this one in one of my stamp binders. It is by Inkadinkado, cling mounted, and it fit perfectly along the feather ribbon.


It was a little too tall for an A2 (quarter fold) card, so I checked my stash and found this 6" square card. I glued down the feather ribbon first, and then the strip of patterned paper across the bottom. Next, I stamped the peacock on white card stock and colored in the feathers on the bird with my Distressed markers. I added the branch stamped directly on the card base, two one inch circles of dark blue card stock and the title phrase before cutting out and adhearing the peacock. After the bird was glued on with foam tape, I used some Stickles and glitter pen to add a little bling to the peacock.

I think this made a really nice friendship card and I intend to send it to a dear friend that loves peacocks. Have a great weekend, and stay cool where ever you are.



2 comments:

  1. beautiful card Mindy!

    I have a peacock feather template I've been meaning to play with; need to get it out!

    tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy,
    I still have some of that peacock ribbon you shared with me! I am hoarding it! Great card you made with it!

    ReplyDelete