Sunday, August 5, 2012

August Birthday's have begun!

August Birthday's have begun, and the first one this month is for a young man I have known all his life.

I always have trouble making masculine cards for men, and I really don't know why.  I have plenty masculine stamps and papers, it's just when I start to put them together, I stumble and hesitate.

On these cards I used the same motorcycle stamp from a set called Route 66 by Artistic Outpost. On the top card I stamped a background from Hero Arts and put a strip of washi tape down the right side. Then I stamped the motorcycle on a piece of printed scrapbook paper that had maps and keys and words collaged on it.  The phrase "get your kicks..... " is below the bike and the finish to the phrase is "on route 66" so I stamped the route sign on a small piece of card stock and stuck it on with a pop dot below the phrase. Another embellishment I added was a winged clock from Paper Wings Productions whose wings matched the washi tape, to tie the colors together.

On the bottom card, I just stamped the motorcycle and phrase on a solid white card, then added a block of torn printed paper at the top and a strip of it at the bottom. You could also add a strip of ribbon (no bow) on top or bottom or   maybe even a piece of leather to embellish in a masculine form. I may add something else at a later time.

Motorcycles are not strictly masculine images, in fact, my Mother told me in her later years that she always wanted to ride a motorcycle, and it is on my Bucket List as well.  I wish everyone a wonderful week, stay cool, and I will see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment