Monday, December 22, 2014

Gelli Plate Fun!

Hello friends!  Christmas is just around the corner, and luckily I have finished making and addressing my holiday cards, so all I have left to do is mail them.  Today's post is two pictures of a print that I pulled from my Gelli Plate. I hope you enjoy viewing it.


This print was made using three colors of acrylic paint on my Gelli Plate. I then positioned the Bloom plastic stencil from Color Box on top of the plate, and pressed a sheet of white card stock down on it.  This is what they call the first pull.  For the second print from this same plate, I removed the stencil and then pressed another sheet of white card down on top of the plate and pressed on it again.

This is what they call a second pull.  Most artists like the second pull better than the first, probably because it has more color and texture to it.  It really depends on the stencil used and the color saturation on the Gelli Plate.

On my first print above, I didn't get a clear print in the center of the design. So I used a small flourish swirl stamp to stamp a design in the center. You can see on the second pull where the center came out complete.  The pressure you use when pressing the paper on top of the stencil and plate depends on how much paint or ink is pulled up by the paper.  That's what makes this technique so much fun, you never know what to expect when you pull up a print.  Some you like, and some you don't!

I happened to like both of these, and have made cards from both of them. Stay tuned to see the completed cards in a day or two. Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Week filled with happiness and blessings for you and your families.
Mindy


2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying living vicariously through you and your Gelli Plate adventures. The colors are beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing your cards!
    I hope you have a beautiful Christmas full of peace and blessings.HUgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Mindy! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished card. I don't have a Gelli plate but maybe I need to get one. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete