Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Warm Wishes


This is my message to One and All this wonderful holiday season. Hello friends, Mindy with you today to share my version of "A Night Before Christmas", our challenge at the Classy Cards n' Such Blog.

My card starts with a pale pink background card base that I embossed with the Rose Pavilion Embossing folder border by Anna Griffin at the top, and made a chair rail border about a third of the way up from the bottom of the card. For the chair rail, I used the Stripes Embossing Folder by Darice on a scrap of white card stock, beginning the embossing about one half inch below the edge of the scrap.  I then placed it on my ScorBoard and embossed a score line at the top of the stripes.

I then started with the card decorations. For the Classic Brick Fireplace by PoppyStamps I added a mantel and hearth with wood grained printed paper, and chamber backing with black card stock. I then added the Fireplace Logs and Warm and Cozy Fire both from PoppyStamps inside the fireplace chamber.  I added a little sparkle to the mantel and floor by applying Silver Stickles glitter to the Evergreen Tree die cuts by Impression Obsession cut from printed scrapbook paper.  I also hung a garland of Cheerful Stockings by Memory Box from a length of twine with bows on the mantel. Two small cats and sentiment of Warm Wishes were added to complete the card.

May you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday with family and friends, and may the Blessings of the Season be upon you.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of new uses for many of the dies and EF. Great ideas Two kitties by a warm cozy fire.

    ReplyDelete