Friday, December 12, 2014

Merry Christmas

Hello friends! I have been playing with my Gelli Plate that I purchased recently. I have been learning how to apply the paint and inks, how much pressure to apply to the paper when pulling prints, and ways to use the prints on cards and projects once they are done. Here is a card I printed and pulled recently.
This was the first pull of a design I did on my 3"X 5" gelli plate.  I laid down 3 shades of pink and red paint on the gelli plate.  I then laid the 6" Bloom plastic stencil from Color Box on top of the plate.

I scored my 5.5" X 8.5" piece of white card stock at the center (4.25") then laid the card down on the stencil so that the floral design would be on the front right corner.  I then applied light pressure to the card so that it would pick up the paint through the flower stencil.  That is what you call the "first pull."

While the print dried I die cut the words Merry Christmas using the Holiday Compliments die from Die-versions, and glued it to the card front with white craft glue.

I also have two cards that will show "first and second pull" on one plate, that I will share on Sunday.  
Please come back for a visit then.  See you soon.
Mindy





















No comments:

Post a Comment