Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tag Shaped Birthday Card

Welcome friends, to my blog today. I have a few birthday's coming up in the next week or so, am I am eagerly trying out some of my new products, before using them for Christmas projects.

I purchased one more of the Prima Doll Stamps, one that I didn't have before, so I stamped her out and colored her with my PanPastel Artist Chalks. I also used a piece of clip art from my Paper Wings Productions September Nesting Components Kit, and used the packaging tape transfer technique to add it to the front of my card with a frame.  The clip art images from Paper Wings are laser printed on a heavy weight paper. You cover the front of the image with clear packaging tape, and trim around the edges. Burnish well, so that there are no air bubbles in the tape.  Soak the image in a shallow bowl of water, until the paper backing is well moistened.  Remove the image from the water, and on a paper towel, rub the paper backing off with your fingers.  The ink will adhere to the packaging tape, and you will be able to apply it to another background with a print or with a different color. I stamped one of Donna Salazar's frames on the front of my tag with Distress inks, and then cut out the interior of the frame.  I then mounted my transfer on a piece of double sided scrapbook paper, and attached it to the inside of my card.  I then stamped Happy Birthday, Best Wishes, and Just for you on the front panel under the frame.  I had several swatches of watercolor paper on my desk where I tried out many of my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists. I punched out 5/8" squares that matched the colors in the framed image and my Prima Doll's dress, and pop dotted them to the bottom of the card.  This front flap is one of the printed tags from Prima, so it has a faint design of hand writing on the background.

The back flap of the card is one of the #8 manilla tags from Tim Holtz, gessoed on the interior. This made it easier for me to write my birthday greeting on, because it gave the card some tooth.  This makes a very different style of card that fits into a #10 business style envelope.  I have many of these envelopes that I hardly ever use, so since I designed this style of card to fit these envelopes.

I hope you have gotten some ideas that you can try for some fall type cards for this coming season.  I hope the weather in your part of the world is favorable now, here where I live it is fall, yet the high temperature is still 98 degrees today! Have a great Wednesday, and I will visit with you again soon.
Mindy

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous tag - love the finished result and the fab prima doll stamp! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous Prima tag...love how you did the transfer, have always wanted to try that technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! You did an amazing job coloring her!! She looks fabulous!! And the background picture is so cool!! Love it!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete