Sunday, September 8, 2013

New Template for Fall

We are just a few weeks away from Fall, so I decided to change the view of my blog for the Fall and Winter seasons.  I was working on a few new Fall projects in my art journal, and on some tags and cards, so in between drying layers of paint, gesso, and molding paste, I decided to go through the Templates on Blogger, and pick out a new background theme for my blog.  I have been all cute and pink since I started this blog over a year ago, so I decided to go a different direction and use some of my favorite colors, turquoise, purple, burgundy and aqua, to give my blog a little lift and new look!

I'm not exactly sure how I like it yet, it's like a new haircut; I have to look at it for awhile before I get used to it. At least I know it isn't permanent, and can be changed if need be.

I also got a goodie box from Simon Says Stamp this weekend. I went crazy and ordered several of the Paint Systems Sets from Tattered Angels. They are coordinated sets of spritz's and sprays including their Glimmer Mist Chalkboard Spray, regular Glimmer Mist's, Glimmer Glam ( their paint with glimmer and glitter) and Glimmer Glaze ( a shiny paint with a fine glimmery sparkle). The sets consist of  four distinctive mediums that perfectly compliment each other. The sets I ordered are:

Witches Brew - Halloween-ie type colors

Noel: Christmas-y festive colors

The Daily Junque Collection:  Colors that coordinate with the Daily Junque Paper Collection from Pink Paislee

Soiree Collection:  Colors that coordinate with the Soiree Paper Collection from Pink Paislee, and

Bold Brights Collection:  With colors that are Awesome, Bold and Bright, also corresponds with various paper collections from Pink Paislee.

I added these to two other Paint Systems previously ordered from Paper Wings Productions; Lagoon and Hummingbird which coordinate with Prima Marketing Products. I will be presenting these Paint Systems to you with projects in the coming weeks, so stay tuned to this blog for more wonderful color combinations and projects.  If you have trouble coordinating colors in your projects (like I do), you may want to check out these kits.  They make the combining easier when working on a specific project and soon you will feel more comfortable when combining colors on your projects.

So until tomorrow, stay safe and enjoy your week!  See you soon.
Mindy

1 comment:

  1. I like your new template...very cool!! It must be in the air, as I just ordered from Frantic Stamper, mostly Halloween...I will have to check out your sprays, sound interesting and fun!!! Hope you are getting a lot done!! Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us!!!

    ReplyDelete