Thursday, September 19, 2013

Birds of a Feather Journal Pages


Greetings, fellow artista's! Thank you for joining me today for this double page art journal entry, where I used two of my Paint System palettes from Tattered Angels. I have been working on backgrounds lately, and ordered these Paint System sets to learn more about mixing colors and mediums successfully. The first system I used today was the Soiree Paint Collection that coordinates with the Soiree Paper craft collection from PinkPaislee. (I love these happy colors!)

The Soiree System consists of:  1.  Glimmer Mist- Marigold, a watercolor mist with a touch of glimmer.  2.  Glimmer Mist- Party Pink, a watercolor mist with a touch of glimmer.  3.  Glimmer Glam- Chandelier, a paint with a fine glimmer, plus glitter.  4.  Glimmer Glaze- Waterfall, a paint with a fine glimmery sparkle.   I first sprayed the bird stencil/template with a coating of Deep Denim Glimmer Mist from the Daily Junque System. (this color is very dark) I then turned it over on to the page and gently pressed the template down onto the page and left in place for a few moments while the glimmer mist soaked in. With the template still in place, I applied the Waterfall blue glimmer glaze and Chandelier Glimmer Glam onto the image over the bird and on the background.  I then  removed the template  of the bird, and sprayed on the Party Pink Glimmer Mist.
Let the entire page dry.  When dry I stamped a Damask Background stamp across the top of the page with a permanent Archival Black ink.  I also highlighted around the edge of the page with Victorian Velvet Distress Stain from Tim Holtz.


On the right side/ facing page I used the same bird template from Tattered Angels, the Daily Junque Paint Collection that coordinates with the Daily Junque Paper collection, also from PinkPaislee. The Daily Junque Paint System consists of the following Mists/Mediums:

1.  Glimmer Mist- Aquamarine, a watercolor mist with a touch of glimmer.  2.  Glimmer Mist-  Dark Denim, a watercolor mist with a touch of glimmer.  3.  Glimmer Glam-  Organic Garden, a paint with a fine glimmer, plus glitter.  4.  Glimmer Glaze- Pewter, a paint with a fine glimmery sparkle.

I again sprayed the bird template with Dark Denim Glimmer Mist and turned it over onto the blank page, paint side down. (Remember to flip your template before spraying so you get the reverse image.)  Again, press down on template so paint will begin to soak into the paper.  Apply the Organic Green Glimmer Glam over the template and across the page, leaving white space in the background. Let set for a few moments, then remove the template and apply Aquamarine spritz over the entire page.  Let entire page dry completely.

I again stamped a row of the damask background stamp across the top of the page with black Archival Ink,  and highlighted the entire page with Old Paper Distress Stain from Tim Holtz.


I then added my saying, "Birds of a Feather flock Together. . ." using my black Posca paint marker, and then highlighted the black marker with the white marker.  To add a little more interest to the pages, I adhered a row of fuzzy ribbon down the center of the page.  This also covered where the two pages (and paint) overlapped.  I also had to fill in some of the Dark Denim glimmer mist with a paintbrush on the birds, where the mist didn't print. I highlighted the openings of the template with the white Posca paint marker and dots, to add more texture.

I hope you have decided to pick up one or two of these wonderful paint systems.  They have helped me learn about combining colors immeasurably, over the last few weeks.  I have a few more color systems
 to play with over the weekend. Hopefully I will have a sampling to show you next week. Take care, and have a wonderful  Fall weekend!
Mindy

2 comments:

  1. Wow Mindy, you are doing a wonderful job with the mixed media....so many textures and beauty here...can't wait to see you next project!! Have a wonderful week...it is to be cooler then warm back up by the weekend...wonderful fall weather for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend!! I missed you while I was gone!! I will answer your email soon...I'm trying to catch up with all of my favorite blogs :)

    This is gorgeous!! I love the texture and the design!! You did a fabulous job with your journal page!!

    I hope you are doing well!! Have a wonderful evening :)

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete