Thursday, January 17, 2013

Victorian Valentine

Victorian Lady and Peacock feathers! What else could be so enchanting? Today's Valentine card is a glossy finish background of peacock feathers from DCWV (Die Cuts With a View) mat stack, mounted on a greeting card base.  I also stamped one of the Victorian Ladies from the Hero Arts Stamp and Die Set in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored her in with Copic Markers. She was double stick taped to the left side of the card, opposite the printed peacock feathers. The sentiment medallion was also pre-printed on the background and had a very glossy finish. Even the Staz On ink blurred when I stamped it, so I had to wipe it off and stamp the sentiment on a scrap of regular printed paper and adhere with double stick tape. (I guess in my old age, my hands are a little shaky, even with my stamping block!)

Below the medallion, I added a length of lime green adhesive lace along with a strip of red and white washi tape.  To complete the bling on the Valentine card, I made tiny hearts from hot pink Stickles and let them dry until they were firm to the touch.  When they were dry, I cut out around them and adhered them to the peacock feather "eyes" with Glossy Accents.

I hope you are enjoying these Valentine cards that I am making. Hearts are one of my favorite shapes, so Valentines Day must be one of my favorite days for making cards. I hope you get some ideas for creating some Valentines of your own this year. Until tomorrow, happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment