Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Got Bee's in Your Bonnet?

Hi stampers and paper artists!
I hope you are having a good day today. The card I want to share with you today, is using a beautiful stamp and die set from Hero Arts, and it is the head of a Victorian Woman with a beautiful feathered bonnet. The stamp came in a set with the cling mounted stamp and a die to match. I stamped the image on heavy white watercolor paper, and used my Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils to color it in. When the watercolor pencil and paper were dry, I placed the matching die over the image and ran it through my die cutting machine to cut it out. You can see the small white border around the stamped image if you look closely.
I then stamped two small bee's from the Lawn Fawn "Be Mine" clear stamp set and colored them with the Inktense pencils, too.  The sentiment, "Got Bees in your bonnet?" is from a set of sentiments from Cardz TV's clear set, "Going Buggy?" I also stamped "hello honey" inside the card. It was from the same "buggy"set.  I then put the card together by adhering a sheet of paper from the Almanac Collection by Prima Papers on the card front, and then glue dots on the woman's image and banner. The cute little bee's I attached with tiny dots of foam tape to really make them pop off the page.

This is an old saying that I haven't heard in years, but means, is something bothering you? I think it made a really pretty card, and when I find the right person to send it to, I sure hope they like it. Even if it is just for the little bee's!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment