Sunday, January 6, 2013

Bee Mine

Greetings friends,
I have another Valentine/Friendship card for you today.  The idea is from a video I saw on YouTube where the artist made the sleeve/pocket and then used it for a gift card holder or greeting card holder.

I didn't take down the measurements from the video, so I played around with my card stock until it came out right. I finally realized that it used an 81/2" X 11" piece of card stock cut in half lengthwise. (41/4" X 11") The pieces were then scored at 5 1/2" or in half cross-wise. The outer sleeve took one whole sheet of card stock. One piece made the left section, and the other half made the right section. After each section was scored, you cut the angle on the top flap only, and then overlapped the two to make the pocket.

For the card I inserted inside, I cut a piece of stock 4" X 5" and then used it to mat a piece of stiff watercolor paper. That helped to give the insert a little stability. To decorate the out side sleeve and the insert, I dug through some more of my stamping scraps and trimmings. This file consists of images I have stamped out and colored with various pencils, markers, and pens to try them out.  These roses were colored with Copic markers and stamped in tuxedo black Memento Ink. I used pop dots to pop out three roses on the sleeve, and glue dots to adhere three more to the insert.  I stamped "Bee Mine" and the bee, from the Bee Mine clear set from Lawn Fawn, and then tied a red sheer ribbon around the whole insert before placing it in the sleeve.

This made a very interesting card, something out of the ordinary. Those are the type of cards I really like! I really liked the weather today, too here in So. Texas. For the past week or so it has been cold, and cloudy, and dreary.  But today the sun was out when I awoke, and stayed out all day!  I even got outside to soak up some of the Vitamin D that was pouring from the sky! I hope you enjoyed your day, and could do a little stamping of your own. Until tomorrow, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment