Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Yellow Rose

This week's challenge at Classy Cards n' Such blog is Simply Yellow.  We are to use the color Yellow as our focal image, so I thought of  the Yellow Rose of Texas. It is an iconic remembrance of The Lone Star State, along with the title of a great song.  Mindy here, with a rosy wish from my home state.
The focal image of my card is from the Rose stamp set from Stacy Stamps. It is a diagonal stamp that reaches from corner to corner which I colored with Distress Ink Markers, including Peeled Paint, Squeezed Lemonade, and Mustard Seed.  I stamped the image on watercolor paper and then blended the marker colors within the rose shape using my Tim Holtz Water Brush from Ranger.  After the watercolor was dry, I touched each with a little gold and sparkle to really make them shine.

For the background, I cut the largest stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 13 Die-namics from My Favorite Things, and topped it with a metallic card stock embossed with the Daisy Flourish Embossing Folder by Crafts Too! I then attached the Roses cut with Joy! Foam Pads-Large, and tucked a die-cut tag of the state underneath with The Yellow Rose of Texas printed on it. To complete the card, I tied a piece of twine around the Panhandle and added a couple of the Poinsettia Dew Drops by the Robin's Nest for accent.

I hope you are inspired by my fellow design team members to create an entry to our weekly challenge.  We would love to see what you create.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card!! The roses are so gorgeous!! Love the Texas, too!! I hope you had a happy and blessed Easter!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete