Thursday, April 16, 2015

Joyful Bouquet

A Joyful Bouquet just for you!  This is Mindy with a water colored card that's made just for you.
I love making these wonderful cards suitable for many techniques, including watercolor. I die cut the outline image from the Joyful Bouquet die from Memory Box from watercolor paper, pale yellow card stock, and popped out all of the innies of the die-cut.   Then using several of the Tim Holtz Distress Markers from Ranger, including Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, and Seedless Preserves, colored each of the flower petals cut from watercolor paper and blended them out with my Tim Holtz Water Brush.  I then attached a strip of Scor-Tape sheet to the back of the flower frame and placed the colored sections back inside the frame, like a puzzle.

 I then fussy cut around the flowers, removed the paper backing and adhered them to a layer of patterned paper from the Romance Paper Bloc by Joy! Crafts. I framed this background paper with a layer of black card, before attaching it to a gold embossed kraft card base. I also die-cut one of the Tremaine Squares by Memory Box from watercolor paper and colored it with my Distress Markers before adding some bling for sparkle.

My vase is one of the Wooden Flourish Vases by Kaisercraft.  I used a bit of lavender wax paste and sparkle paint to color the vase before finishing it in a clear gloss coating.  I adhered it to my flower stems and then attached the flower's leaves using white glue.  A banner with my thoughtful phrase was then added to complete the card.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, Mindy!! The background is fabulous!! I love the pretty flowers!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete