Monday, July 22, 2013

Marbled Monogram Card

Happy Monday, cardmakers! It was a hot weekend here, so I spent my down time this past weekend playing in some shave cream and reinkers making some lovely marbled paper.

I usually make several sheets of this marbled mess and let it dry a few days before I cut it into smaller pieces for card fronts. A perfect weekend project!
I wanted to show this card today, so I could get it into the mail this week. I will describe how I made the marbled paper in my next post, but today I am just describing the steps to this card.

After making the marbled paper, and letting it dry for some time, I cut an A2 size piece (4 1/4X 5 1/2") and centered it on a 4 1/2" x 6" scrap of black card stock.  Before attaching the marbled paper, I adhered a length of black and white floral ribbon halfway down the black stock, and used double stick tape to adhere it to a 5" X 7" card base.  I then stamped the letter "A" on the marbled paper with black StazOn ink, and then adhered it to the center of the black card stock piece. I then added two clusters of small fabric flowers from Prima to the two opposite corners with a small brad.  It made a very elegant looking card for a good friend who needed a little cheering up.

Tomorrow I will post my easy, step- by-step procedure of how I make my marbled paper, using men's shave cream, dye based reinkers, and glossy card stock.  Join me here, to participate in the foamy fun! See you soon.

Mindy

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card!! The marbling looks amazing!! I can't wait to see how you make it!! Beautiful card my friend!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete