Monday, July 1, 2013

Frame - Let Freedom Ring!

I Love Independence Day, The 4th of July, or whatever you call it! I love America, the Red, White, and Blue, God Bless the USA, Let Freedom Ring, and all of the other phrases we use to celebrate out great land.  With the holiday right around the bend, the end of this week, I decided to create a Home Decor item that would blend in with any decor you may have. Celebrate our country year-round with this wonderful frame.

I started with an unfinished 5 X 7 frame with glass, and a 5 X 7 frame die cut from Daisy D's designs.   I also had a roll of 4" wide patriotic sheer ribbon with stars and stripes on it. I took a 12" long strip of the wired edged ribbon and accordion folded it along the length of the ribbon.  I then took a small piece of wire, and tied the ribbon about 1" from the bottom of the folds. After tying it tightly, I cut off the bottom inch and set it aside.  I then fanned out the top folds to form the banner.  I glued it to the top of the frame with hot melt glue and then adhered the frame die cut over the face of the frame, thus overlapping the ribbon edge I glued down. To decorate the outside, I glued a satin ribbon bow on top of the banner and added a velvet flower to the ribbon.

For the inside of the frame, I took the middle section of the die cut that had the phrase "Let Freedom Ring" printed on it, and die cut around it with the Worn Edge Die from Die-namics (My Favorite Things).  I took another strip of the sheer patriotic ribbon and glued it to the back panel of the frame unit.  I then used temporary tape to adhere the sentiment to the center of the opening, leaving it available for a photo if needed later on.

This could also be a great housewarming gift to present a friend when attending their July 4th barbecue. Then you could take a photo at the get-together, have it printed, and present it to the owner to put in their frame. What a wonderful remembrance gift!

I am entering this in the DL Art Thankful Thursday June Challenge 112 - Patriotic. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, whenever you get to celebrate it.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this idea and what you did. I want to put out seasonal decorations but don't have enough room to store them. I could use this idea for all sorts of gifts like you say. The banner at the top really sets off the entire frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything Patriotic, too and this is so fabulous!! You decorated it beautifully!! I love the accordion-folded piece on the top - it looks amazing!! Gorgeous frame my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful frame! I love the ribbon. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done this is a great design

    ReplyDelete