Friday, July 12, 2013

Where there is Love. . . . . .



Today's post is another page from my art journal. This page started out as a color book page I printed from my computer to practice coloring with my Copic Markers. I have saved all my "colorings" that I may use for card fronts or journal pages, or in mixed-media collages.

I started by covering the page in my journal with black gesso, so that the color book page background would match the background of my journal page. Using Gel Medium as an adhesive, I adhered the color book page to the center of the journal page.  Then using my Posca paint markers by Uni, I continued drawing freehand in the border around the color book page, trying to match up the colors and designs from the scrap book page. I continued to doodle around the page adding images from the coloring page until I had completely filled the margins.  To complete the page, I added some sparkle from a clear sparkle gel writer pen, and some dots from both my white Posca marker and white Signo Gel writer pen.

This is a very easy way to do a memorable page with a saying or quote that you love or want to keep. When printing from your computer, you can keep the art around it, or remove it and use your own art.
I hope you all have a wonderful and exciting  weekend. Be sure and visit again soon.

3 comments:

  1. Mindy, What a great idea to print a favorite quote and keep it in your private journal so you can see it when you want. You did such a good job of doodling and combining the pages I can't tell where each one starts and stops. It reminds me of something Madeline Albright might make! It lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a work of art, Mindy!! The design and colors are just fabulous!! This looks like a print you would buy at a store!! Love, love it my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! I love the way the colors pop off the black background. Your doodles are so fun. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete