Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hogs & Kisses Valentine



Hello Fellow Card Makers,
I have been out of pocket for about a week, but have another Valentine card for you before Valentine's Day.

This card is so cute, it could be used for other "Love" occasions such as an anniversary or just "thinking of you"!  I started with a plaid printed A2 card base in lime green and pink. I cut a rectangle of solid lime green card stock and used the Martha Stewart "Birds" punch-around-the-page paper punch to punch around three sides. Most of the punch is leaves with the bird in the corners. I then stamped a giant daisy from the Hot Off the Press Fresh Cut stamp set, and the sentiment from a Cardz TV sentiment stamp set on white card stock. The piggies were stamped with the Barnyard Lawn Fawn stamp set, and I stamped them using the "mirror image" technique where you take the stamp on your clear block and stamp it on the "wrong side" of another clear stamp. Then you stamp them both on white card stock and you have a mirror image of the little animal.

I colored all of the images with my Copic Markers, and then cut them out with my detail scissors. I then used foam squares to pop- up the various layers to give the card dimension. I also stamped a tiny heart and cut it out, to place between the two hogs to represent the kisses. It took me several tries to get the mirror image to come out clearly. You must be very steady handed when stamping the image on the reverse side of a larger clear stamp. The stamp you use to transfer the design onto, must have a stable center so that your clear silicone does not bend or move, otherwise your image comes out blurry. Practice, practice, practice, and before long you will have your two kissing images just like you want them. Ready to go on your card or tag, whichever you choose.

There are still several days before Valentine's Day to get some cards or tags ready. I hope you will attempt to make a handmade card this year to go with your candy or floral gift. A handmade card means so much more than a store bought card, and you can say what is in your heart rather than what a writer from the greeting card company writes.  Be Creative, and I will visit with you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment