Saturday, February 9, 2013

Always Remember . . . . .

Greetings Stampers and Cardmakers!
Today's card is a very simple, and very beautiful card that can be used for many occasions.
The base card is a red/rose colored stripe base with dots. I started by stamping a large open rose or peony with 2 leaves from the Hot Off the Press Fresh Cut stamp set on a piece of white card stock. I colored in the rose with copic markers, blending several colors to make it look realistic. I knew I wanted to leave a banner area at the bottom of the flower to stamp the word "remember" from a Paper Wings Productions clear stamp set, so I left about 2" of stock at the bottom, and cut out around the flower leaving a white border around the edge.  I then stamped the word "remember" in pastel pink ColorBox Chalk ink, and also the smaller word "always" from the same stamp set.  After I trimmed down the white area around the words to fit the card base, I inked around the block with the pastel pink chalk ink.

I left the inside of the card blank, so that I can hand write a special message inside.  These types of cards are handy to have on-hand in case you need a card in a hurry.  I have a few birthday cards to make for later in the month, so I will visit with you again soon with some birthday wishes for February.  Until then, have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment