Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hats Off to You! Paper Wings Productions

Hats Off to You! fellow stampers,
Here is card #2 of my Melange Women cards made on World Card Making Day this past weekend.

As I mentioned yesterday, I love this set of cling mounted rubber stamps from Paper Wings Productions, click here to see all of their wonderful stamps. This beautiful woman is Claudette.

I started with a piece of antique lace I got in a goody bag at an antique store years ago. (I'm sorry it is so hard to see in this photo.) It was a shaped applique of a flower, and I thought it would look lovely as a hat. I covered my card base with a sheet of A Ladies Diary paper from Graphic 45 and made a rectangular accent square with other bits from this same line. I adhered them to the front of the card, and then using a thin layer of tacky glue adhered the lace applique in the top right corner. I then stamped the focal image, face and body with Tuxedo black memento ink, and colored in with my Copic markers. I wanted the head to really stand out, so I adhered a 1" button between the lace and the cardstock head. To the button I attached some looped ribbon, the cut-out, more small bits of lace and some sparkly gemstones.

Then using my Cuttlebug I die cut 2 fancy flourishes from Die-Namics. I accented the paper strip on the side with a piece of ribbon and glued the two flourishes down, one on each side of the figure.  I then stamped the banner from Bannerific by Lawn Fawn stamps and the phrase "hats off to you!"

I had been dreaming about this card for quite awhile, picturing how I would put it together in my mind. I finally found the stamp I wanted to use, and practiced coloring the image many times before I finally got it like I wanted it to look. I am so glad I could finally share it with you, and say "hats off to you" my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment