Wednesday, September 5, 2012

PAPER DOLL themed Artist Trading Card for September


Hello friends,
The September trade of Artist Trading Cards or ATC's was lots of fun! My first card theme was Paper Doll. I made a bi-fold card with the map that says "Summer is for lots of fun" on the cover, and when you open it, the school house with "but now the school bell has rung" on the inside of the cover. Opposite the school house is the Papier Family of stamps from Paper Wings Productions, Marcel, Louise, and Luc in their summer wear. On the back of the card is a mini manila envelope that holds the paper doll's school clothes, shown on them in the bottom picture.

This card was so much fun to make. I had to stamp out the figures, trim off their clothes, and add their shorts, shirts, and bathing suit. I then printed these out to use for the summer theme of the card. I then took the clothes I trimmed off, and copied them on my printer and adjusted the clothes to fit their new shapes, so I could print them out and color them.  Of course, I had to add the little tabs to fold around the doll, and then had to adhere the dolls to the background, popped up on foam tape so the clothes could be taken off and put back on. That section was the hardest of all to produce.

The front of the card was a printed piece of scrapbook paper that I colored with my copic markers and adhered the little label saying "summer is for lots of fun". The school house stamp from Stampabilities was stamped on white cardstock, colored with copics, cut out and adhered to the light blue stock, and the label with "but now the school bell has rung" stuck beneath it. The family and their clothes were colored with my copic markers, and the background behind them was sprayed with the Dylusions Sprays from Ranger.

The second theme for this month's trade was "Crown Jewels." I did a take off of an occurrence in the news two weeks ago with  Prince Harry, and will show my card in a couple of days. I hope you enjoyed this card, and will check back to see the "crown jewels" card. See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. MIndy,
    I loved both of your cards at the ATC trade! The paper doll was really cute! I liked how you put the clothes in the pocket on the back of the ATC. Great job! Plus I liked seeing you again at the trade! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete